Fritz Maracyn Oxy Fungal Aquarium Medication uses a unique formula to successfully treat a variety of fungal infections on aquarium fish. Fungus is a serious issue that can cause fish death if left untreated. Fritz Maracyn Oxy is fast-acting, safe to use, and effective in both fresh and saltwater aquariums.
- Remedy for true fungal infections of fish and eggs, and bacterial diseases
- Treats fin and tail rot, fungus and fungal infections
- For freshwater and saltwater aquariums
Using a stabilized chlorine-oxygen combination, Maracyn Oxy successfully controls fungus infections caused by Saprolegnia, Icthyosporidium, egg fungus and related species, and common bacterial infections. It slowly releases small amounts of this formula which, when used as directed, has an unusual ability to treat a wide variety of tropical fish diseases. Fungus infections are usually found at the site of an injury or recent attack from parasites. A true fungus infection has a cotton-like appearance similar to a mold found on fruit, bread, or cheese, except that on a fish a fungus is usually white. Fungus infections are very difficult to treat and are usually secondary invaders resulting from an injury on the fish or recent wounds from parasites or bacterial infection. Once the fungus starts growing on the fish, it usually continues to grow and enlarge. Unless medication is provided, death results.
Special note on Maracyn Oxy: Fritz Maracyn Oxy has been shown to be effective against certain gram-negative and gram-positive bacteria.
Maracyn Oxy can be used to treat fish exhibiting the following symptoms: clamped fins, swollen eyes, heavy or rapid breathing, patchy coloration, or any change in behavior of the fish. All suspected bacterial infections should be treated immediately.
Maracyn Oxy is not a toxic material but certain people may have a reaction. Use the following antidotes: External antidote: Flood skin with plenty of water. If irritation persists, get medical attention. For eyes – flood with plenty of water and call a physician immediately. Internal antidote: Drink large quantities of milk. Call physician. Follow dosage directions as detailed on the product packaging.